High number of locks not only are risk of causing blocking but also can cause query to consume more CPU with exact same query plans.
This report give you a overview number of locks being held or waited on by each resource type.
- The data used by this report is collected in file *_Perf_Stats_Startup.OUT. Example file name: MyServer_MyInstance_SQL_2014_Perf_Stats_Startup.OUT
- The data is identified as “-- Lock summary –“ in the data collection
- The top chart aggregates lock counts by resource type over time. “All” means that it aggregates over all resource type.
- The bottom table allows you drill into each database about lock count
- Main table used is dbo.tbl_locksummary if you need more granular analysis