- Install SQL Nexus and RML Utilities
- Collect perf data from your SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2/2012/2014 instance using
- Import and analyze the data using SQL Nexus
- Use this
SQL Nexus Introductory Video to install
In order to use SQL Nexus, first you will need data collected. You need to use
pssdiag/sqldiag manager on codeplex to collect data for SQL Nexus to consume
- Launch sqlnexus.exe and log on to the non-production SQL Server instance where you installed SQL Nexus.
- Click on "Import" in the left pane of the main SQL Nexus window.
- Provide the file directory where you stored the data collected by
SQLDiag. Note: you should provide a directory path, not a file name.
- Once the import is finished, you can click on various reports from the left pane of SQL Nexus tool. Start with the "Bottleneck Analysis" report to determine where most query execution time was spent
Look at the training section of