Database doesn't have the necessary data to run this report

Dec 30, 2009 at 8:14 PM

I installed SQL NExus 3.0.0.0 on a SQL 2005 Server.  I also installed READTRACE on this server too.  I extracted the PerfStatsScript2005.zip files to the server I want to report on and ran the SQLDiag utility for 30 minutes.  I copied the output folder to the Server where SQL Nexus is installed and import the files in the folder.  When I click the reports, I get the  "Database doesn't have the necessary data to run this report" error.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here.  It looks like it's trying to query tables that don't exist in the SQLNexus database.

Thanks much!

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Which report is throwing back this error?

SQL Perf Stats script output if correctly imported into a SQL Nexus database should allow you to view the following reports:

1. Bottleneck Analysis

2. Blocking and Wait Statistics

Can you check what SELECT * from tbl_Requests returns? If this returns a 208 error, then the Perf Stats Script output was not captured. If it returns ZERO rows, then no data was imported from the output file.

Feb 25, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Hi,

I have similar problem also. I checked for tble_Requests table.

This statement didnt return 208 error. There are 131 rows also.

Blocking and Wait Statistics , Bottleneck Analysis and SQL Server 2005 Perf Stats reports return "Database doesn't have the necessary data to run this report" error.

I can only get results for two reports : ReadTrace_Main and Realtime - Server Status.

My SQL server collation is CI_AS

What should I do to handle this problem ?

Regards.

Coordinator
Feb 27, 2010 at 12:42 AM

If you are trying to use the SQL Server 2005 Perf Stats report, then the following T-SQL queries should return rows:

select * from tbl_Requests where 1 = 0
select * from tbl_blocking_chains where 1=0
select * from tbl_notableActiveQueries where 1=0

Before executing the reports, a T-SQL validate script is run against the Nexus database which would check if the above tables have data. If the above SELECT queries return errors, then the message "Database doesn't have the necessary data to run this report" is displayed.

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Hi,

I am using the SQL Server 2005 Perf Stats scripts and I have collected the data against a couple of different SQL 2005 servers and analysed the data on a different server. The only reports that are available are the RealTime_Server_Status and ReadTrace_Main. All the other reports are not available, I do not get the above three tables created and I have used the SQLDiagPerfStats_Trace.XML as the config file. I can see from the SQLDiag logfile that the SQL2005PerfStats.sql and the snapshot executed without errors.

Any help would be appreciated. I am using the correct collation on the db server.

Thanks in advance,

Parm..

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Can you check if the following file is present in the output folder <ServerName>__SQL_2005_Perf_Stats_Startup.OUT? If this file is not present, then you will not be able to use the Blocking and Wait Statistics OR Bottleneck Analysis reports.

Sep 29, 2010 at 3:55 PM

I just had a similar problem. I found the batch file StartSQLDiag****.cmd was missing the value for the /P command line parameter to SQLDIag. Adding %cd% after the /P seemed to fix it and allow my reports to run.