This project is read-only.

Exporting report issue

Mar 17, 2009 at 6:04 PM
Hi,

When I try to export any report to PDF and JPEG I get the following message: "Only excel file type is supported".
I'm using version 2.5.0.7 on Windows Server 2008 EE x64 with SQL 2005 EE x64 SP3.

How can I export to PDF?

thanks,
Andrea
Apr 9, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Here it is more than a year later, and I too have the same question.

I just downloaded Nexus (version 3.0.0.0, Released: Aug 24 2009), and built-in Help says,

Exporting Reports

To export a report, simply click the Export button on the Report toolbar.  You can select from several formats:  Excel, Adobe Acrobat (PDF), JPEG, GIF, Bitmap, TIFF, PNG, and Windows EMF.

That is not correct, and has not been correct for more than a year now.  Is SQL Nexus a dead tool? No more development??

BTW, clicking the Realtime - Server Status link gives a ridiculous couple of errors. And every time you click the green Run All Reports button, Nexus tries to run this broken report and throws those same errors.

What's up? Is Nexus dead?? Is something better on the way???  :)

Apr 9, 2010 at 4:23 PM

The workitem on the report export feature is active and will be looked at in the next release.

The Realtime Server Status works on SQL Server 2005 instances. The errors occur against SQL 2008 instances. We shall look at pulling out that report or making some changes to address this in the next release.