This project is read-only.

Unable to locate readtrace..

Dec 17, 2008 at 9:25 AM
Hello,

I'd really like to try out your application, but i get message at the startup:
"Unable to locate readtrace. Nexus won't be able to load or analyze profiler trace data."

Also when I try to do Import, i get message that *.trc files can't be found.
Error details:

"The system cannot find the file specified (System)"
------------------------------
Program Location:

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at ReadTrace.ReadTraceNexusImporter.DoImport() in C:\jacklidocs3\cprsrc\main\src\sqlnexus_pass\ReadTraceNexusImporter\ReadTraceNexusImporter.cs:line 364
   at sqlnexus.fmImport.DoImport() in C:\jacklidocs3\cprsrc\main\src\sqlnexus_pass\sqlnexus\fmImport.cs:line 557

Jan 22, 2009 at 6:41 PM
Hi,

I had the same problem. I followed the link on the home page of SQL Nexus Tool. (Features - Readtrace).

Hope it will help you.

Best Regards - Uwe
Jun 16, 2010 at 5:03 AM

I've just installed ReadTrace (RMLSetup.exe - gee that was fun over remote desktop), but SQLNexus doesn't seem to be picking up the location of the exe.  Even if I copy the exe into the same folder as SQLNexus.

Any ideas?

Jun 21, 2010 at 4:28 PM
I used the following link and it worked for me. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?familyId=b60cdfa3-732e-4347-9c06-2d1f1f84c342&displayLang=en
Jun 23, 2010 at 2:01 AM

If you have an older version of RML Utilities, this happens or if you had an older version which did not overwrite the registry key for the RML registration when you upgraded the RML installation.

Navigate to  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Corporation\RMLUtils using Command Prompt and execute the following: orca.exe /R from there.