What is SQL Nexus?
SQL Nexus is a tool that helps you identify the root cause of SQL Server performance issues. It loads and analyzes performance data collected by Pssdiag. It can dramatically reduce the amount of time you
spend manually analyzing data. Visit
Getting Started page.
Nexus 184.108.40.206 Releases
Please go to download view release notes including requirement and features
- Fast, easy data loading: You can quickly and easily load SQL Trace files; T-SQL script output, including SQL DMV queries; and Performance Monitor logs into a SQL Server database for analysis. All three facilities use bulk load APIs to insert
data quickly. You can also create your own importer for a custom file type.
- Visualize loaded data via reports: Once the data is loaded, you can fire up several different
charts and reports to analyze it.
- Trace aggregation to show the TOP N most expensive queries (using
- Wait stats analysis for visualizing blocking and other resource contention issues (based on pssdiag).
- Full-featured reporting engine: SQL Nexus uses the SQL Server Reporting Services client-side report viewer (it does not require an RS instance). You can create reports for Nexus from either the RS report designer or the Visual Studio report
designer. You can also modify the reports that ship with Nexus using either facility. Zoom in/Zoom out to view server performance during a particular time window. Expand/collapse report regions (subreports) for easier navigation of complex data. Export or
email reports directly from SQL Nexus. Nexus supports exporting in Excel, PDF, and several other formats.
- Extensibility: You can use the existing importers to load the output from any DMV query into a table, and any RS reports you drop in the Reports folder will automatically show up in the reports task pane. If you want, you can even add a
new data importer for a new data type. SQL Nexus will automatically “fix up” the database references in your reports to reference the current server and database, and it will provide generic parameter prompting for any parameters your reports support.
- Getting Started
- How to Videos
- Frequently asked questions(FAQ)
- Sqldiag data collection templates including performance scripts
- RML Utility/ReadTrace download
- Top Issues