Discussions under General

SQL Memory Error Collector - how to enable.

first post: ibanez_australia wrote: Hi, There are a number of reports that are not available in SQL Ne...

latest post: BlueGrss wrote: I have the same problem, not all the reports are showing up under S...

Links to reports in SQLNexus "SQL Perf Main" window will not launch and do appear to be hyperlinks

first post: lorrinferdinand wrote: Hi, I recently rebuilt my C: drive and have, since doing that, n...

latest post: michaelgriscom wrote: See [https://sqlnexus.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Top%20Issues](htt...

Wilcheshell

first post: wilcheshell wrote: hi, i from colombia and have a problem with sqlnexus ! https://driv...

[sqlnexus.fmNexus.fmNexus_Load] Unable to locate readtrace. Nexus won't be able to load or analyze profiler trace data.

first post: ariassm wrote: I have this error with SQLNexus 4.0.0.64 [sqlnexus.fmNexus.fmNex...

Not able to import trace files in SQLNexus

first post: RajKumarRai wrote: I am getting following error while importing trace files in SQL nex...

SQL 2012 PerfWaitStats

first post: eh3034 wrote: Are there any plans to get the PerfWaitStats scripts page updated t...

latest post: jackli wrote: SQL 2012 perf stats script is actually part of the download. If yo...

Tables not created for bottleneck rpts

first post: tiermark wrote: Hi Folks, As mentioned by a number of folks here, some of the rep...

Please release the 2012 SQL Nexus and 2012 RML utilities and 2012 PSSDIag

first post: JamieChicago wrote: I need to do analysis on a 2012 instance. Thanks.

latest post: CesarOsorio wrote: yep, when will be the next version released? I need to monitor a 20...

Could not find stored procedure 'ReadTrace.spReporter_BatchAggScaleFactor'

first post: chrismouk wrote: Hi I get the following error when attempting to view the ReadTrace...

How to Schedule PerfStats Collection?

first post: dbwagoner wrote: I want to schedule a PerfStats collection to run from 3-5 AM using...

latest post: dbwagoner wrote: Nevermind...I found that I can use the begin (/B) and end (/E) opti...

Status of the Project

first post: rbellamy wrote: Is this project still under development? I'm curious in particular...

Importing SQL_2008_Perf_Stats.sql data

first post: nes wrote: I've ran the custom task "SQL 2008 perf stats scrip...

latest post: rbellamy wrote: I've tried pasting my entire log file, and CodePlex is choking on i...

Advantage of SQL nexus tool

first post: netgains wrote: Hello everyone, SQL nexus requires log of performance monitor, sql...

Error: Exception encountered processing query.

first post: deepak79 wrote: [exec ReadTrace.spReporter_BatchDistinctPlans @HashID, @StartTimeI...

latest post: amitban wrote: Please provide more info on when this issue happens and what versio...

An error occurred during local report processing.

first post: deepak79 wrote: Exception Source: Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinFormsStack: at Micro...

latest post: amitban wrote: Providing some additional context on when this issue happens and th...

DeadLock Graph

first post: sm8680 wrote: Where can I find the deadlock graph? Thanks Steve

latest post: amitban wrote: The deadlock graph can be found in the SQL Errorlog if trace flag 1...

Next version

first post: CesarOsorio wrote: When will be a next version? What features are you planning to have?

latest post: CesarOsorio wrote: I´m really looking forward to a new version of this software,...

Where to download sql server 2005 and PerfStats2008.zip

first post: flyingfdk11 wrote: This Website provider the link http://sqlnexus.codeplex.com/Wik...

latest post: flyingfdk11 wrote: No ,the download sofeware is Nexus3.0.0

PSSDIAG: Setting trace filters (Catch22 situation)

first post: udayhere wrote: I have a question about setting filters to PSSDIAG trace. I read th...

latest post: udayhere wrote: Yes, indeed it works great. thanks, _Sql http://sqltimes.wordpres...

SQL 2008 R2 xml for SQLDiag

first post: muchacho wrote: The SQL 2008 R2 detailed trace xml for SQLDiag, as linked below,app...

latest post: jackli wrote: thanks for pointing this out. I have updated both 2008 and 2008 R2...

Unique Statement Report Fails

first post: scaldwell wrote: The "unique statements" report is failing when I try to execute it....

latest post: amitban wrote: You can install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 without uninstalling 4.0. I ...

Unable to retrieve query hash reports for Duration and Logical reads

first post: preethi_s_raj wrote: Your help is very much appreciated. I have downloaded the latest ve...

latest post: amitban wrote: The information is captured in the <server name>__SQL_2008_Perf_Sta...

Readtrace Error aborts import of .trc files

first post: scn wrote: Hi,I ran a replay of a trace captured from production using ostress...

latest post: scn wrote: Thanks for the reply Amitban. I am using the latest version of RML ...

SQLNexus create DB failed

first post: tezsb wrote: Hi, I have been trying for 2 days to get SQL Nexus working on my en...

latest post: amitban wrote: An ALTER DATABASE command is issued before the import starts. Look ...

Blocking and Wait Statistics/Bottleneck Analysis Reports

first post: shantanusenin wrote: Hello I am getting error 'The database doesn't have necessary data ...

XML configuration file SQLDiagPerfStats_Detailed_Trace2008.xml not used ?

first post: hht wrote: I want to configure the perfmon collection with logical disk counte...

latest post: amitban wrote: Can you use Diag Manager to generate the XML configuration file and...

Trouble Opening Reports

first post: sqldba9082 wrote: I'm having trouble getting reports to run w/ SQLNexus (Blocking, Bo...

latest post: sqldba9082 wrote: It was a problem on my test server. It is working now on the other...

pssdiag/sqldiag configuration manager released to codeplex

first post: jackli wrote: In case you haven't noticed, we just published pssdiag/sqldiag conf...

The specified schema name "ReadTrace" either does not exist

first post: gurdeeps wrote: Hi,I have downloaded the SQLNexus3.0.0.0" and using this with SQL 2...

latest post: gurdeeps wrote: @amitban thanks for the solution.

RML syntax error processing trace.

first post: JoseYohn wrote: Hi,I'm having the following error when i try to import a particular...

latest post: amitban wrote: Good to know that you got your problem resolved. :)

Restrict the trace for one DB

first post: peregrino wrote: Hi. How can I restrict the trace to record the activity of one or t...

latest post: peregrino wrote: Dear Amitban, thanks for responding again. Still not working. Or p...

SQLNexus 3.0 will not StartUp

first post: ntxdba wrote: I was attempting to load a trace file using SQLNexus 3.0 and it exi...

latest post: ntxdba wrote: The issue I tracked down was between SQLNexus and an app I run call...

SQL 2008 R2

first post: eh3034 wrote: Is this site planning on being upgraded to include scripts that wor...

latest post: amitban wrote: Good to know. :)And yes. I am looking into this and will be posting...

SQLNexus 3.0

first post: crossman wrote: Hi- I modified one line in the xml file and now it's working agains...

why does the 'create objects' for TCP-E test take over 24 hours to load?

first post: crossman wrote: Hi,I am running the job for a TCP-E benchmark test against a SQL 20...

latest post: amitban wrote: Just documented some workarounds for the same issue here: http://sq...

Issue with Unique stmts Report

first post: simonjd wrote: Hi All, I have been using nexus for a while now as it is a great to...

latest post: amitban wrote: sstlbugs@microsoft.com - As I mentioned in my last reply!

Modifiy Trace name from Server__sp_trace_1.trc to Server1.trc

first post: jdshrop87 wrote: Is there a way to define the name of the .trc files that are create...

latest post: amitban wrote: This is not a SQL Nexus related question but I believe you are talk...

Post-load data cleanup

first post: sclementoni wrote: Hey guys,I&acute;ve been facing the issue when loading a PSSDIAG ou...

latest post: sclementoni wrote: No blocking at all, but seen the SOS_SCHEDULER_YIELD wait type, so ...

SQL Nexus - error in log though import shows success

first post: kodaksmile wrote: I am trying to load a Perfmon file (.blg) and it says successful on...

latest post: amitban wrote: Happy New Year to you too.

Specify SQLNexus Database file path?

first post: Gman75 wrote: Hi,When you connect to a server using the SQLNexus software a SQLNe...

latest post: Gman75 wrote: Ok thanks amitban,David

Import Data from sqldiag works not correct

first post: tutti34 wrote: Hi,when I import sqldiag data from a server with more than one inst...

latest post: amitban wrote: This option is shown after looking at the entries in the SQLDIAG.LO...

Errors when connecting to sql 2008

first post: moh_hassan20 wrote: Hi, thanks for that greet tool. when i try to connect to sql serv...

latest post: ecce2k wrote: Hi,I had the same problem and "fiddled arround" with the report's S...

Database doesn't have the necessary data to run this report

first post: stevenk wrote: I installed SQL NExus 3.0.0.0 on a SQL 2005 Server. I also install...

latest post: rzqnbm wrote: I just had a similar problem. I found the batch file StartSQLDiag**...

Unable to locate readtrace..

first post: dafffooo wrote: Hello, I'd really like to try out your application, but i get me...

latest post: amitban wrote: If you have an older version of RML Utilities, this happens or if y...

Exporting report issue

first post: andreatedeschi wrote: Hi, When I try to export any report to PDF and JPEG I get the fo...

latest post: amitban wrote: The workitem on the report export feature is active and will be loo...

SQL Nexus not passing correct SQL username/password to ReadTrace.exe

first post: Behzad1Sadeghi wrote: Hi Everyone,I am trying to process a .TRC file generated using SQLD...

latest post: amitban wrote: ReadTrace can be invoked separately by calling the ReadTrace.EXE di...

Installation Issues

first post: sjsanthose wrote: When I try to install in a machine running in XP with SQL 2008 SP1 ...

latest post: amitban wrote: I responded to this under the Issue Tracker section.

Windows 2003 SP2 Installation Issues

first post: sjsanthose wrote: PLATFORM VERSION INFO Windows : 5.2.3790.131072 (Win32NT) Common ...

latest post: amitban wrote: I already responded to this under the Issue Tracker section.

SQLSERVER 2008 / SQL Nexus

first post: yonet wrote: Hi all,I have run sql nexus for sqlserver 2005. It worked well, the...

latest post: amitban wrote: You would need to check the readtrace.log that was created for any ...

SQLDIAG /SQLSERVER 2008

first post: zinzineti wrote: Hello everyone! I collected information for performance with SQLDI...

latest post: amitban wrote: Can you check if Remote Registry service is running?For more inform...

<DBName>__SQL_2005_Perf_Stats_Snapshot_Shutdown.OUT

first post: keejh wrote: Hi,1) Any idea why 559 lines processed from <DBName>__SQL_2005_Perf...

latest post: amitban wrote: The Perf Stats Snapshot Shutdown file is used for getting the Query...

RML : SYNTAX ERROR: String is missing proper closing quote

first post: jostorero wrote: Hi, Has anyone an idea of the cause of this syntax error msg in the...

latest post: jostorero wrote: Fixed in ReadTrace version 9.02.0004. Ask http://blogs.msdn.com/pss...

Error importing Trace file

first post: stevenk wrote: Using SQL Nexus 3.0.0.0, getting an error import trace file 12/30/0...

latest post: amitban wrote: You are running into the issue mentioned in http://blogs.msdn.com/p...

database doesn't have necessary data

first post: sifuhall wrote: Hello,I downloaded the most recent SQL Nexus Tool to review traces ...

latest post: amitban wrote: Which report are you try to view? Profiler Traces can be read using...

SQL Nexus and SQL 2000

first post: abean wrote: I'm assuming that SQL Nexus does not support reading trace files fr...

latest post: amitban wrote: ReadTrace will connect to the specified SQL Server database using W...

Nexus and SQL 2000 - can't run some reports

first post: mahoney wrote: Hi,I'm using PSSDiag to monitor SQL 2000. I've selected to monitor ...

latest post: amitban wrote: The "Blocking and Wait Statistics" and "Bottleneck Analysis" report...

Does Version 3 support 2008 rdl schema?

first post: BootherJ wrote: I've just downloaded version 3 in the hope that a report that I've ...

Column name Attention in SQL nexus report

first post: glugingboulder wrote: I wanted to know in sql nexus when you open the Unique Batch TopN's...

Newbie & capturing data

first post: BigSam wrote: On my production server I ran StartSQLDiagTrace.cmd for approximate...

latest post: glugingboulder wrote: I also have the same problem as well and would really like it fixed...

SQL nexus + mssqlserver2008

first post: palestal wrote: Should it work with mssql2008 traces?I have windows 2008 server(x64...

latest post: RSBakshi wrote: I am getting same error while clicking on Reports. I have SQL Serv...

Transaction Isolation Level

first post: codputer wrote: I'm new to SQLNexus - so be kind...Using SQLNexus, I have found som...

Error Running SQLDiag as a Windows Service

first post: sm8680 wrote: SQLDIAG /R /I "%cd%\SQLDiagPerfStats_Detailed_Trace.XML" /O "%cd%\S...

Blocking & Bottleneck rpts - don't have necessary data

first post: wgh wrote: First off, thanks for the great tool! I'm loving the ReadTrace_Main...

latest post: jackli wrote: you will need to follow instructions from http://www.codeplex.com/s...

MARS issue in 2.5.0.5 while loading Trace file

first post: sm8680 wrote: 02/09/09 10:54:38.108 [4680] Attempting to cleanup existing RML fil...

latest post: sm8680 wrote: Please disregard.  I found the issue   Problem: Trace files not ...

MARS issue in 2.5.0.5 while loading Trace file

first post: sm8680 wrote: 02/09/09 10:54:38.108 [4680] Attempting to cleanup existing RML fil...

Restore SQL Nexus menu

first post: sstranger wrote: Hi All, How do I restore the SQL Nexus menu after disabling all ...

latest post: sstranger wrote: Sorry found it already ;-)

Reports only showing last hour of collection

first post: crossman wrote: Hi, I started my collection at 5pm and ended at 10pm without errors...

Performance Data Collector for SQL Server 2008

first post: dougtho wrote: In SQL Server 2008 does "Performance Data Collector for SQL Server ...

sql_2005_perf_stats_startup.out import failed

first post: erom wrote: hi. I have a question. who knows below error message? Everythi...

Statistics for SP SQL Statement

first post: StanleyC wrote: Hi, I have selected events "RPC:Starting", "SP:Completed", "RPC:...

Trace imports

first post: GMazzone wrote: Is the only way to get a good import of a trace file to use the SQL...

unable to import output files from sqldiag

first post: zrsmichael wrote: I am unable to import output files created from sqldiag. When I was...

Error while execuitng readtrace command

first post: lenin_tvr wrote: When i execute the following readtrace command, >ReadTrace -I"C:\...

Not getting option for real-time data collection while connecting Nexus

first post: lenin_tvr wrote: Hi,I have one query regarding connectiong to SQL nexus. SQL nexu...

latest post: lenin_tvr wrote: One of the previous posts answers my question.

Invaid object name 'sys.databases'

first post: lenin_tvr wrote: Hi all, i have SQL 2005 in my DB server. when i try to conect d...

latest post: lenin_tvr wrote: Hey, Thanks.. it works...

Error importing data

first post: rdoggart wrote: I have a problem inporting data using readtrace. The import fails w...

latest post: jackli wrote: based on the conversation among ourselves, we have answered your qu...

SQL 2008 and SQLNexus

first post: adrianc wrote: Greetings, I want to use SQLNexus in investigating perf related ...

latest post: adrianc wrote: Is there any ETA/estimated date for the new version ? Thank you, ...

Support for SQL Server authentication

first post: tommills wrote: Is there a specific reason SQL Server authentication is not support...

latest post: jackli wrote: I will considier adding this feature back in future release given y...

Some or all identity references could not be translated. (mscorlib)

first post: rw_ebox wrote: When I try to start sqlnexus.exe, I got this error message. Looks l...

latest post: jackli wrote: there was a bug which relied on hardcoded builtin administrator's n...

Command-line use of SQL Nexus

first post: kriscook2 wrote: Has anyone worked with command-line use of SQL Nexus?  I'm trying t...

latest post: jackli wrote: Initial design had this in mind and it worked initially. But due ...

Importing trace files

first post: GMazzone wrote: I have got SQL Nexus on my machine I have installed the RML Utilite...

latest post: jackli wrote: go to %temp%\rml and find a file called readtrace.log to see what i...

Error while importing data in SQL Nexus

first post: sethigurpreet wrote: Hi Friends, I am getting a strange problem. While importing data...

latest post: jackli wrote: spid 60,000 seems to be really high. are you using latest version...

PerfStatsAnalysis.sql doesn't exist.

first post: philcruz wrote: When doing an import, I get the error message "c:\Documents and Set...

latest post: bartduncan wrote: This was a bug -- I believe it has been fixed in the latest release...

Signal Wait Time

first post: BenUK wrote: Firstly I'd like to say thanks for writing this fantastic tool :...

latest post: bartduncan wrote: Yes, good catch! Ideally signal wait time should be subtracted fro...

question re: usage/installation

first post: douglas wrote: hello on the installation steps, there is this note: "we don't r...

latest post: bartduncan wrote: The caution has to do with doing the *analysis* of the collected da...

Authentication failed

first post: WynandC wrote: Hi SQLnexus was working fine ..I changed my domain password thi...

latest post: bartduncan wrote: Is this still happening for you?

PerfmonImporter.dll

first post: michaellsmith wrote: Is there any way to make (and use) a CLR procedure out of this DLL?...

latest post: bartduncan wrote: You can use relog.exe, included with Windows, to do this. This is ...

Trying to run SQLDiag on Vista

first post: johnlyn763 wrote: When I try to run the PerfStatsScript cmd file "StartSQLDiagNoTrace...

latest post: nduckste wrote: I had the same issue. I ended up putting everything in a command fi...

Profiler Trace Import Fails -- mini-dumps produced

first post: jnickola wrote: Hello, New to this site. I just posted an item from the Issue T...

Real time data collection?

first post: johnlyn763 wrote: The SQL Nexus help file (sqlnexus.chm) mentions: "Once you hav...

latest post: bartduncan wrote: This feature was planned, but never quite completed, so the (incomp...

• 1-90 of 90 discussions
    • Previous
    • Next