Discussions under General

Links to reports in SQLNexus "SQL Perf Main" window will not launch and do appear to be hyperlinks

first post: lorrinferdinand wrote: Hi, I recently rebuilt my C: drive and have, since doing that, n...

Wilcheshell

first post: wilcheshell wrote: hi, i from colombia and have a problem with sqlnexus ! https://driv...

[sqlnexus.fmNexus.fmNexus_Load] Unable to locate readtrace. Nexus won't be able to load or analyze profiler trace data.

first post: ariassm wrote: I have this error with SQLNexus 4.0.0.64 [sqlnexus.fmNexus.fmNex...

Not able to import trace files in SQLNexus

first post: RajKumarRai wrote: I am getting following error while importing trace files in SQL nex...

SQL Memory Error Collector - how to enable.

first post: ibanez_australia wrote: Hi, There are a number of reports that are not available in SQL Ne...

SQL 2012 PerfWaitStats

first post: eh3034 wrote: Are there any plans to get the PerfWaitStats scripts page updated t...

latest post: jackli wrote: SQL 2012 perf stats script is actually part of the download. If yo...

Tables not created for bottleneck rpts

first post: tiermark wrote: Hi Folks, As mentioned by a number of folks here, some of the rep...

Please release the 2012 SQL Nexus and 2012 RML utilities and 2012 PSSDIag

first post: JamieChicago wrote: I need to do analysis on a 2012 instance. Thanks.

latest post: CesarOsorio wrote: yep, when will be the next version released? I need to monitor a 20...

Could not find stored procedure 'ReadTrace.spReporter_BatchAggScaleFactor'

first post: chrismouk wrote: Hi I get the following error when attempting to view the ReadTrace...

How to Schedule PerfStats Collection?

first post: dbwagoner wrote: I want to schedule a PerfStats collection to run from 3-5 AM using...

latest post: dbwagoner wrote: Nevermind...I found that I can use the begin (/B) and end (/E) opti...

Status of the Project

first post: rbellamy wrote: Is this project still under development? I'm curious in particular...

Importing SQL_2008_Perf_Stats.sql data

first post: nes wrote: I've ran the custom task "SQL 2008 perf stats scrip...

latest post: rbellamy wrote: I've tried pasting my entire log file, and CodePlex is choking on i...

Advantage of SQL nexus tool

first post: netgains wrote: Hello everyone, SQL nexus requires log of performance monitor, sql...

Error: Exception encountered processing query.

first post: deepak79 wrote: [exec ReadTrace.spReporter_BatchDistinctPlans @HashID, @StartTimeI...

latest post: amitban wrote: Please provide more info on when this issue happens and what versio...

An error occurred during local report processing.

first post: deepak79 wrote: Exception Source: Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinFormsStack: at Micro...

latest post: amitban wrote: Providing some additional context on when this issue happens and th...

DeadLock Graph

first post: sm8680 wrote: Where can I find the deadlock graph? Thanks Steve

latest post: amitban wrote: The deadlock graph can be found in the SQL Errorlog if trace flag 1...

Next version

first post: CesarOsorio wrote: When will be a next version? What features are you planning to have?

latest post: CesarOsorio wrote: I´m really looking forward to a new version of this software,...

Where to download sql server 2005 and PerfStats2008.zip

first post: flyingfdk11 wrote: This Website provider the link http://sqlnexus.codeplex.com/Wik...

latest post: flyingfdk11 wrote: No ,the download sofeware is Nexus3.0.0

PSSDIAG: Setting trace filters (Catch22 situation)

first post: udayhere wrote: I have a question about setting filters to PSSDIAG trace. I read th...

latest post: udayhere wrote: Yes, indeed it works great. thanks, _Sql http://sqltimes.wordpres...

SQL 2008 R2 xml for SQLDiag

first post: muchacho wrote: The SQL 2008 R2 detailed trace xml for SQLDiag, as linked below,app...

latest post: jackli wrote: thanks for pointing this out. I have updated both 2008 and 2008 R2...

Unique Statement Report Fails

first post: scaldwell wrote: The "unique statements" report is failing when I try to execute it....

latest post: amitban wrote: You can install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 without uninstalling 4.0. I ...

Unable to retrieve query hash reports for Duration and Logical reads

first post: preethi_s_raj wrote: Your help is very much appreciated. I have downloaded the latest ve...

latest post: amitban wrote: The information is captured in the <server name>__SQL_2008_Perf_Sta...

Readtrace Error aborts import of .trc files

first post: scn wrote: Hi,I ran a replay of a trace captured from production using ostress...

latest post: scn wrote: Thanks for the reply Amitban. I am using the latest version of RML ...

SQLNexus create DB failed

first post: tezsb wrote: Hi, I have been trying for 2 days to get SQL Nexus working on my en...

latest post: amitban wrote: An ALTER DATABASE command is issued before the import starts. Look ...

Blocking and Wait Statistics/Bottleneck Analysis Reports

first post: shantanusenin wrote: Hello I am getting error 'The database doesn't have necessary data ...

XML configuration file SQLDiagPerfStats_Detailed_Trace2008.xml not used ?

first post: hht wrote: I want to configure the perfmon collection with logical disk counte...

latest post: amitban wrote: Can you use Diag Manager to generate the XML configuration file and...

Trouble Opening Reports

first post: sqldba9082 wrote: I'm having trouble getting reports to run w/ SQLNexus (Blocking, Bo...

latest post: sqldba9082 wrote: It was a problem on my test server. It is working now on the other...

pssdiag/sqldiag configuration manager released to codeplex

first post: jackli wrote: In case you haven't noticed, we just published pssdiag/sqldiag conf...

The specified schema name "ReadTrace" either does not exist

first post: gurdeeps wrote: Hi,I have downloaded the SQLNexus3.0.0.0" and using this with SQL 2...

latest post: gurdeeps wrote: @amitban thanks for the solution.

RML syntax error processing trace.

first post: JoseYohn wrote: Hi,I'm having the following error when i try to import a particular...

latest post: amitban wrote: Good to know that you got your problem resolved. :)

Restrict the trace for one DB

first post: peregrino wrote: Hi. How can I restrict the trace to record the activity of one or t...

latest post: peregrino wrote: Dear Amitban, thanks for responding again. Still not working. Or p...

SQLNexus 3.0 will not StartUp

first post: ntxdba wrote: I was attempting to load a trace file using SQLNexus 3.0 and it exi...

latest post: ntxdba wrote: The issue I tracked down was between SQLNexus and an app I run call...

SQL 2008 R2

first post: eh3034 wrote: Is this site planning on being upgraded to include scripts that wor...

latest post: amitban wrote: Good to know. :)And yes. I am looking into this and will be posting...

SQLNexus 3.0

first post: crossman wrote: Hi- I modified one line in the xml file and now it's working agains...

why does the 'create objects' for TCP-E test take over 24 hours to load?

first post: crossman wrote: Hi,I am running the job for a TCP-E benchmark test against a SQL 20...

latest post: amitban wrote: Just documented some workarounds for the same issue here: http://sq...

Issue with Unique stmts Report

first post: simonjd wrote: Hi All, I have been using nexus for a while now as it is a great to...

latest post: amitban wrote: sstlbugs@microsoft.com - As I mentioned in my last reply!

Modifiy Trace name from Server__sp_trace_1.trc to Server1.trc

first post: jdshrop87 wrote: Is there a way to define the name of the .trc files that are create...

latest post: amitban wrote: This is not a SQL Nexus related question but I believe you are talk...

Post-load data cleanup

first post: sclementoni wrote: Hey guys,I&acute;ve been facing the issue when loading a PSSDIAG ou...

latest post: sclementoni wrote: No blocking at all, but seen the SOS_SCHEDULER_YIELD wait type, so ...

SQL Nexus - error in log though import shows success

first post: kodaksmile wrote: I am trying to load a Perfmon file (.blg) and it says successful on...

latest post: amitban wrote: Happy New Year to you too.

Specify SQLNexus Database file path?

first post: Gman75 wrote: Hi,When you connect to a server using the SQLNexus software a SQLNe...

latest post: Gman75 wrote: Ok thanks amitban,David

Import Data from sqldiag works not correct

first post: tutti34 wrote: Hi,when I import sqldiag data from a server with more than one inst...

latest post: amitban wrote: This option is shown after looking at the entries in the SQLDIAG.LO...

Errors when connecting to sql 2008

first post: moh_hassan20 wrote: Hi, thanks for that greet tool. when i try to connect to sql serv...

latest post: ecce2k wrote: Hi,I had the same problem and "fiddled arround" with the report's S...

Database doesn't have the necessary data to run this report

first post: stevenk wrote: I installed SQL NExus 3.0.0.0 on a SQL 2005 Server. I also install...

latest post: rzqnbm wrote: I just had a similar problem. I found the batch file StartSQLDiag**...

Unable to locate readtrace..

first post: dafffooo wrote: Hello, I'd really like to try out your application, but i get me...

latest post: amitban wrote: If you have an older version of RML Utilities, this happens or if y...

Exporting report issue

first post: andreatedeschi wrote: Hi, When I try to export any report to PDF and JPEG I get the fo...

latest post: amitban wrote: The workitem on the report export feature is active and will be loo...

SQL Nexus not passing correct SQL username/password to ReadTrace.exe

first post: Behzad1Sadeghi wrote: Hi Everyone,I am trying to process a .TRC file generated using SQLD...

latest post: amitban wrote: ReadTrace can be invoked separately by calling the ReadTrace.EXE di...

Installation Issues

first post: sjsanthose wrote: When I try to install in a machine running in XP with SQL 2008 SP1 ...

latest post: amitban wrote: I responded to this under the Issue Tracker section.

Windows 2003 SP2 Installation Issues

first post: sjsanthose wrote: PLATFORM VERSION INFO Windows : 5.2.3790.131072 (Win32NT) Common ...

latest post: amitban wrote: I already responded to this under the Issue Tracker section.

SQLSERVER 2008 / SQL Nexus

first post: yonet wrote: Hi all,I have run sql nexus for sqlserver 2005. It worked well, the...

latest post: amitban wrote: You would need to check the readtrace.log that was created for any ...

SQLDIAG /SQLSERVER 2008

first post: zinzineti wrote: Hello everyone! I collected information for performance with SQLDI...

latest post: amitban wrote: Can you check if Remote Registry service is running?For more inform...

<DBName>__SQL_2005_Perf_Stats_Snapshot_Shutdown.OUT

first post: keejh wrote: Hi,1) Any idea why 559 lines processed from <DBName>__SQL_2005_Perf...

latest post: amitban wrote: The Perf Stats Snapshot Shutdown file is used for getting the Query...

RML : SYNTAX ERROR: String is missing proper closing quote

first post: jostorero wrote: Hi, Has anyone an idea of the cause of this syntax error msg in the...

latest post: jostorero wrote: Fixed in ReadTrace version 9.02.0004. Ask http://blogs.msdn.com/pss...

Error importing Trace file

first post: stevenk wrote: Using SQL Nexus 3.0.0.0, getting an error import trace file 12/30/0...

latest post: amitban wrote: You are running into the issue mentioned in http://blogs.msdn.com/p...

database doesn't have necessary data

first post: sifuhall wrote: Hello,I downloaded the most recent SQL Nexus Tool to review traces ...

latest post: amitban wrote: Which report are you try to view? Profiler Traces can be read using...

SQL Nexus and SQL 2000

first post: abean wrote: I'm assuming that SQL Nexus does not support reading trace files fr...

latest post: amitban wrote: ReadTrace will connect to the specified SQL Server database using W...

Nexus and SQL 2000 - can't run some reports

first post: mahoney wrote: Hi,I'm using PSSDiag to monitor SQL 2000. I've selected to monitor ...

latest post: amitban wrote: The "Blocking and Wait Statistics" and "Bottleneck Analysis" report...

Does Version 3 support 2008 rdl schema?

first post: BootherJ wrote: I've just downloaded version 3 in the hope that a report that I've ...

Column name Attention in SQL nexus report

first post: glugingboulder wrote: I wanted to know in sql nexus when you open the Unique Batch TopN's...

Newbie & capturing data

first post: BigSam wrote: On my production server I ran StartSQLDiagTrace.cmd for approximate...

latest post: glugingboulder wrote: I also have the same problem as well and would really like it fixed...

SQL nexus + mssqlserver2008

first post: palestal wrote: Should it work with mssql2008 traces?I have windows 2008 server(x64...

latest post: RSBakshi wrote: I am getting same error while clicking on Reports. I have SQL Serv...

Transaction Isolation Level

first post: codputer wrote: I'm new to SQLNexus - so be kind...Using SQLNexus, I have found som...

Error Running SQLDiag as a Windows Service

first post: sm8680 wrote: SQLDIAG /R /I "%cd%\SQLDiagPerfStats_Detailed_Trace.XML" /O "%cd%\S...

Blocking & Bottleneck rpts - don't have necessary data

first post: wgh wrote: First off, thanks for the great tool! I'm loving the ReadTrace_Main...

latest post: jackli wrote: you will need to follow instructions from http://www.codeplex.com/s...

MARS issue in 2.5.0.5 while loading Trace file

first post: sm8680 wrote: 02/09/09 10:54:38.108 [4680] Attempting to cleanup existing RML fil...

latest post: sm8680 wrote: Please disregard.  I found the issue   Problem: Trace files not ...

MARS issue in 2.5.0.5 while loading Trace file

first post: sm8680 wrote: 02/09/09 10:54:38.108 [4680] Attempting to cleanup existing RML fil...

Restore SQL Nexus menu

first post: sstranger wrote: Hi All, How do I restore the SQL Nexus menu after disabling all ...

latest post: sstranger wrote: Sorry found it already ;-)

Reports only showing last hour of collection

first post: crossman wrote: Hi, I started my collection at 5pm and ended at 10pm without errors...

Performance Data Collector for SQL Server 2008

first post: dougtho wrote: In SQL Server 2008 does "Performance Data Collector for SQL Server ...

sql_2005_perf_stats_startup.out import failed

first post: erom wrote: hi. I have a question. who knows below error message? Everythi...

Statistics for SP SQL Statement

first post: StanleyC wrote: Hi, I have selected events "RPC:Starting", "SP:Completed", "RPC:...

Trace imports

first post: GMazzone wrote: Is the only way to get a good import of a trace file to use the SQL...

unable to import output files from sqldiag

first post: zrsmichael wrote: I am unable to import output files created from sqldiag. When I was...

Error while execuitng readtrace command

first post: lenin_tvr wrote: When i execute the following readtrace command, >ReadTrace -I"C:\...

Not getting option for real-time data collection while connecting Nexus

first post: lenin_tvr wrote: Hi,I have one query regarding connectiong to SQL nexus. SQL nexu...

latest post: lenin_tvr wrote: One of the previous posts answers my question.

Invaid object name 'sys.databases'

first post: lenin_tvr wrote: Hi all, i have SQL 2005 in my DB server. when i try to conect d...

latest post: lenin_tvr wrote: Hey, Thanks.. it works...

Error importing data

first post: rdoggart wrote: I have a problem inporting data using readtrace. The import fails w...

latest post: jackli wrote: based on the conversation among ourselves, we have answered your qu...

SQL 2008 and SQLNexus

first post: adrianc wrote: Greetings, I want to use SQLNexus in investigating perf related ...

latest post: adrianc wrote: Is there any ETA/estimated date for the new version ? Thank you, ...

Support for SQL Server authentication

first post: tommills wrote: Is there a specific reason SQL Server authentication is not support...

latest post: jackli wrote: I will considier adding this feature back in future release given y...

Some or all identity references could not be translated. (mscorlib)

first post: rw_ebox wrote: When I try to start sqlnexus.exe, I got this error message. Looks l...

latest post: jackli wrote: there was a bug which relied on hardcoded builtin administrator's n...

Command-line use of SQL Nexus

first post: kriscook2 wrote: Has anyone worked with command-line use of SQL Nexus?  I'm trying t...

latest post: jackli wrote: Initial design had this in mind and it worked initially. But due ...

Importing trace files

first post: GMazzone wrote: I have got SQL Nexus on my machine I have installed the RML Utilite...

latest post: jackli wrote: go to %temp%\rml and find a file called readtrace.log to see what i...

Error while importing data in SQL Nexus

first post: sethigurpreet wrote: Hi Friends, I am getting a strange problem. While importing data...

latest post: jackli wrote: spid 60,000 seems to be really high. are you using latest version...

PerfStatsAnalysis.sql doesn't exist.

first post: philcruz wrote: When doing an import, I get the error message "c:\Documents and Set...

latest post: bartduncan wrote: This was a bug -- I believe it has been fixed in the latest release...

Signal Wait Time

first post: BenUK wrote: Firstly I'd like to say thanks for writing this fantastic tool :...

latest post: bartduncan wrote: Yes, good catch! Ideally signal wait time should be subtracted fro...

question re: usage/installation

first post: douglas wrote: hello on the installation steps, there is this note: "we don't r...

latest post: bartduncan wrote: The caution has to do with doing the *analysis* of the collected da...

Authentication failed

first post: WynandC wrote: Hi SQLnexus was working fine ..I changed my domain password thi...

latest post: bartduncan wrote: Is this still happening for you?

PerfmonImporter.dll

first post: michaellsmith wrote: Is there any way to make (and use) a CLR procedure out of this DLL?...

latest post: bartduncan wrote: You can use relog.exe, included with Windows, to do this. This is ...

Trying to run SQLDiag on Vista

first post: johnlyn763 wrote: When I try to run the PerfStatsScript cmd file "StartSQLDiagNoTrace...

latest post: nduckste wrote: I had the same issue. I ended up putting everything in a command fi...

Profiler Trace Import Fails -- mini-dumps produced

first post: jnickola wrote: Hello, New to this site. I just posted an item from the Issue T...

Real time data collection?

first post: johnlyn763 wrote: The SQL Nexus help file (sqlnexus.chm) mentions: "Once you hav...

latest post: bartduncan wrote: This feature was planned, but never quite completed, so the (incomp...

• 1-90 of 90 discussions
    • Previous
    • Next