Import Data from sqldiag works not correct

Oct 28, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Hi,

when I import sqldiag data from a server with more than one instance in my SQLNexus 3.0.0 then I don't get the selection window to choice the instance that I want. However, the import from pssdiag data works fine every time.

Is there a way to correcting this problem. I use some kinds of PerfStatsScript2005 for sqldiag.

I hope you can help me.

Best Regards

Andi

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2010 at 5:13 PM

PSSDIAG is normally configured to capture data from one instance. If you collect SQLDIAG data from one instance only, then SQLNEXUS will be able to import the data. SQLNEXUS doesn't support multiple instance data import currently. You can file a design change request which we can look at a later time. Furthermore, RML utilities also will not process multiple trace files from different instances in a single import.

To collect data from one instance you would need to modify the machine and instance details in the XML configuration file. If you want to collect the data all in one go, then you will have to import it one by one.

Nov 2, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Hi amitban,

thank you for the quick answer but I don't understand all of this, because my pssdiag is configured to collect the data from all installed instances on the server. This works very well. All collected data are in the same dircectory. When I import this dircectoy into SQLnexus, then I get a pulldown window to choice the instance.  When this window doesn't come from SQLnexus, which component do this?

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2010 at 3:16 AM

RML Utilities doesn't support multi-instance import currently. You would have to import the profiler traces for each instance separately. The drop down window is based on certain files collected by the PSSDIAG which is not collected by SQLDIAG.

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2010 at 9:32 PM

This option is shown after looking at the entries in the SQLDIAG.LOG which should be present in a folder called \internal.