This project is read-only.

SQLSERVER 2008 / SQL Nexus

Mar 30, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Hi all,

I have run sql nexus for sqlserver 2005. It worked well, then I'd like to analyze another machine which is using sql server 2008.

I downloaded PerfStatsScript2008.zip , then run sqldiag. When I imported SQLDiag output, trc file was failed. After imported, some reports on the left pane such as runtime server status and readtrace_main could not be displayed.

The error message raised :

- Invalid column name 'cpu_ticks_in_ms', and

- A data source instance has not been supplied for the data source 'Dataset_SQL_CPU_History'

Could anyone help me?

Many Thanks.

Mar 31, 2010 at 2:32 AM

You would need to check the readtrace.log that was created for any errors while processing the profiler traces files. Post the errors that you find. The SQL Server 2008 Perf Stats uses sys.dm_os_ring_buffers and sys.dm_os_sys_info to capture CPU usage related information. There is a schema change in the sys.dm_os_sys_info DMV from SQL Server  2008 onwards. You would need to check the configuration.xml file to find out which SQL Perf Stats .sql script file is being used to capture information for the server.

The latest version of SQL Nexus doesn't have runtime server status report. You can use SQLDIAG to collect the information from the server using a configuration file and then import the output folder into a Nexus database and run the reports.

Let us know if you face anymore such issues.